BUY NOW, PAY LATER
Finance Your Equipment Purchase Using Afterpay With 4 Interest-Free Payments
Currently, only products $2,000 or less qualify for financing with Afterpay.
To be eligible to use Afterpay you must:
- Be an individual who is at least 18 years old (Alberta, Manitoba, Ontario, Prince Edward Island, Quebec, Saskatchewan); 19 for all other provinces
- Be a resident of Canada;
- Be capable of entering into a legally binding contract;
- Hve a valid and verifiable email address and mobile telephone number;
- Provide a valid delivery address in Canada; and
- Be authorised to use the Payment Method provided (Canada-issued Visa / Mastercard / AMEX debit or credit card)
How to use Afterpay
- During checkout, select as your preferred payment method.
- You'll be redirected to another screen to complete your order. Please fill in all the information required.
- ▼How does Afterpay work?
- Afterpay allows you to shop now and pay later, always interest-free. With Afterpay, your purchase will be split into 4 payments, payable every 2 weeks.
Simply shop with one of your favorite stores found in the Shop Directory and choose Afterpay as your payment method at checkout. First-time customers will need to create an Afterpay account (with instant approval decision) and returning customers will simply log in to make their purchase. For online orders, the goods will be shipped to you by the retailer after checkout. It’s that easy!
At any time, you can log in to your Afterpay account to see your payment schedule and make a payment before the due date. Otherwise Afterpay will automatically take the money from your debit or credit card on your payment due dates.
Please Note: Afterpay does not approve 100% of orders. Afterpay is committed to ensuring Afterpay supports responsible spending.
When determining which orders to approve, Afterpay consider a number of different factors. As an example, the longer you have been a shopper using Afterpay and the more orders you have successfully repaid, the more likely you will be able to spend more.
Things to consider
- Are there sufficient funds on your card? Generally Afterpay looks to see the first instalment amount available to spend.
- The length of time you have been using Afterpay
- The amount you have to repay
- The value of the order you are trying to place
- The number of orders you currently have 'open' with us
While we know it can be frustrating to not know exactly how much you can spend each time or how many active orders you can have, our rules and approval process help Afterpay responsibly offer a completely free service to shoppers.
- ◄Are there any hidden fees?
- Afterpay is a free service when you pay on time - there are no upfront fees charged or any interest incurred.
- ◄Are there any credit checks required?
- Afterpay may conduct a soft credit check for new customers when they first sign-up to use the platform. This soft credit check will not impact a customer’s credit score. Soft credit checks (also known as soft pulls or soft inquiries) are very common and will not affect credit scores, will not be visible to other lenders or creditors and may or may not be recorded in credit reports, depending on the credit bureau.
Afterpay takes a number of factors into account when making a decision to approve a new customer, a soft credit check is one of those factors.
Why does Afterpay do this?
Afterpay wants to ensure that Afterpay is supporting our customers in making the right financial decision for their circumstance. Soft credit checks are one of the criteria that we use to ensure that the initial spending limit is right for our new customers. We want your first experience with Afterpay to be the best for your wallet.
Will a new customer be declined due to a consumer report assessment?
If you are declined due to reasons related to your credit report, rather than fraud, the details will be delivered through the Adverse Notice Message (email received after the decline).
Will using Afterpay Buy Now, Pay Later feature affect my credit score?
No. Afterpay Buy now, Pay Later payments will not affect your credit score, as they are not reported to credit reporting agencies.
Will soft credit checks from Afterpay affect my credit score?
No, soft credit checks do not affect credit scores.
- ◄When will my first payment be taken?
- You will more than likely pay the first installment of the purchase price at the time you place the order. If you have been shopping with Afterpay for some time, and have a really good repayment history., you may find that Afterpay defers taking the first payment until 2 weeks (15 days for residents of California) after you make your purchase.
In all cases you will be notified on screen if the first payment is due at the time of the purchase. Afterpay sends you a confirmation email outlining the amounts and dates that the payments are due.
First payment higher than the other three?
For some purchases, if your total order amount exceeds your Afterpay-approved spending limit the first payment may be higher than subsequent payments. Afterpay will show you how the installments are split before you pay.