Many enthusiasts consume cannabis in its unprocessed form by smoking or vaping, but some (medical marijuana patients included) prefer it in its concentrates like RSO Oil. This product offers greater potency and can be used as a treatment for a variety of health issues. The great news is you can make RSO Oil at home with the Source Turbo.
Source Turbo is a product of ExtractCraft and the only portable vacuum extractor available in the market that can safely and smartly produce highly-concentrated RSO oil. It’s easy-to-use and can be operated through your smartphone via BluetoothⓇ. It uses a closed-loop vacuum system to safely extract the concentrates from your cannabis, without danger of blowing up like the old alcohol-based extraction methods.
Great right? So, straight into it, here is the step-by-step direction to make RSO oil with a Source Turbo.
- Start with one ounce of dried trichome-rich bud. This will make around 3 to 4 grams of RSO oil, but it typically varies from strain to strain. Put the dry material into a clean glass container and pour the solvent of your choice until it’s about ¼” above the buds.
- You can use any high-proof (at least 190-proof) food-grade alcohol as a solvent, which includes ethanol and neutral spirits like Everclear, Spirytus, and Grape Alcohol. 500 ml of any of these solvents will be enough for one ounce of dry bud.
- Allow the buds to soak for at least 20 minutes. Separate the liquid part using a strainer, coffee filter, or a Buchner funnel. This will be the tincture that you’ll use for extraction.
- Place the Source Turbo on a flat surface. Ensure that all parts of aligned. Unscrew the reservoir cup from the machine, pour the tincture into it, and screw it back into the extractor lightly.
- Place the lid on the Source Turbo and plug it in. A steady green light will indicate that the machine is ready. Seal the chamber by turning the vacuum valve fully to the right. Wait for less than 5 minutes until it reaches a full vacuum. Source Turbo will make a loud noise during the process. Once it stops, it means a full vacuum has been reached.
You can also download the Source app to your mobile phone and connect it to the machine using Bluetooth. This application will monitor and tell you when the Source Turbo is in a full vacuum. It will also monitor the time, temperature and pressure for you. If it’s taking too long to reach a full vacuum, stop the machine, turn it off, and refer to the Source Turbo manual for troubleshooting.
- After reaching a full vacuum, place an ice tray on top of the lid to help increase the condensation of the alcohol vapor. This will allow a faster extraction process and lessen the vacuum pump activity.
- Start the Source Turbo by pressing the green button once. This will start the extraction of RSO Oil from your cannabis buds in Normal Mode. In the Source app, you can simply press the “Select Process” button to start the machine. The green button will flash slowly once to indicate the start of the process.
If you want to process in Turbo Mode, push the green button for 3 seconds then release. The green light will slow flash twice to indicate the start of Turbo mode.
- Monitor the progress of the extraction. Source Turbo will boil the liquid in the reservoir cap and the solvent will evaporate will accumulate into the outer collector until only the oil remains in the cup. The solvent will condense with the help of the ice tray. You can allow the oil to cook until it reaches the texture and consistency that you require. The max run time is 120 minutes per cycle, but you can always restart before it ends until you’re satisfied with the result.
- Stop the machine at any time the RSO oil has reached the desired consistency. Press the green button once or press the “Stop-Process” button in the app to shut the Source Turbo down. The green light will flash twice to indicate stopping the process.
- Release the pressure by turning the valve to the left. It will take 60 seconds until the pressure is fully released. Make sure to let the chamber cool down for a couple of minutes, then collect the RSO oil from the Source Turbo. Don’t forget to collect the solvent from the cup and store it for reuse.
Get Your Source Turbo from Trimleaf
There you have it, the step-by-step process to make RSO Oil at home with the Source Turbo. It’s a safe and quick way to get this potent extract from your dry buds, whether for personal use or commercial purposes. If you are still using the old unreliable methods of extracting RSO Oil, it’s time to switch to an automated method using a Source Turbo.
You can purchase the portable vacuum extractor Source Turbo from Trimleaf, complete with a 1-year warranty. If you have any questions about this product, feel free to call us at +1 778 300 3154 or send an email email@example.com.